യുഎസിൽ കൊറോണ വൈറസിന് സ്വയം മരുന്ന് കഴിച്ച് മനുഷ്യൻ മരിക്കുന്നു – ടൈംസ് ഓഫ് ഇന്ത്യ
An Arizona man died and his wife was hospitalised after officials said they treated themselves on Sunday with a deadly home remedy for the new
– a popular fish tank additive that has the same active ingredient as an anti-malaria drug.
The drug, known as chloroquine phosphate or chloroquine, has been bandied about by President
during White House briefings as a potential “game changer” in the treatment of Covid-19.
The couple, who officials at Banner Health, a hospital system based in Phoenix, said were in their 60s quickly experienced side effects that included nausea and vomiting. They were not tested for the coronavirus. The man died from cardiac arrest and his wife was initially listed in critical condition but is expected to make full recovery.
, medical director of the Banner Poison and Drug Information Center, said that the couple’s attempt to self-medicate was a cautionary tale. He said, “It’s dangerous and foolish.”
Brooks said the couple had read about chloroquine phosphate on the internet. He said the public should only rely on authoritative sources such as the CDC, the WHO and state health officials for medical advice – not the internet or politicians. “You need to listen to the scientists,” he said. “People are panicking and making decisions based on symptoms without being tested.”The woman told
News on Monday that she had heard Trump make repeated mentions of chloroquine during recent White House briefings on the coronavirus and that she used chloroquine phosphate to treat her koi fish.The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment Monday night. nyt